Joint Preservation using the MISHA Knee System
Dr. Cassandra A. Lee, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, offers a new and innovative option for knee joint preservation: the MISHA Knee System, a REVOLUTIONARY implant for patients suffering from painful knee OA. The system acts as an implantable shock absorber (ISA), reducing peak forces on the knee by over 30% with every step allowing the knee to thrive in a more favorable mechanical environment, resulting in reduced pain and symptoms.
The Misha Knee System Procedure
The MISHA Knee System procedure is performed through small incisions in your knee. Dr. Lee will insert the implants into the affected areas of your knee joint and secure them with special screws. The implants are made of a synthetic material that mimics the natural structure and function of cartilage, meniscus, and ligament. The implants will stimulate your body's natural healing process and allow your own tissue to grow and integrate with them. The procedure is repeatable and standardized, with consistent results.
Benefits Of the Misha Knee System
The benefits of the MISHA Knee System include:
- No bone cutting with preservation of natural anatomy and biomechanics.
- Standard orthopedic instruments and single-use ISA-specific instruments.
- No weight bearing or range of motion restrictions required.
- No device-imposed limitations on return to activity.
- Improved knee stability and function.
- Reduced risk of implant complications and infection.
- Delay or avoidance of knee replacement surgery.
Are you a candidate for the misha knee system?
You may be a candidate if:
- You experience medial knee osteoarthritic pain that interferes with activities of daily living.
- You failed to find relief with surgical or non-surgical treatment.
- You are unwilling or ineligible for total knee replacement due to age or absence of advanced arthritis.
Don't let knee pain or instability keep you from enjoying an active and healthy lifestyle. With the MISHA Knee System, you can repair and regenerate your knee joint and get back to doing what you love.
For all appointments and inquiries, please call to schedule an appointment or click to request an appointment online.
For more information, please visit www.moximed.com/misha/